Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Luke 7:36-50

JESUS FORGIVES MUCH

Keywords 7:47

Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."

 

1. She loved much (36-38)

Simon a Pharisee invited Jesus to dinner. An uninvited woman well known for her

sinful life boldly entered his home and proceeded to do something even bolder.

She washed Jesus feet with her tears, dried them with her hair, and poured the

most expensive perfume on them. Her actions and sacrifice show that Jesus

meant everything to her.

 

2. Jesus forgives much (39-50)

Simon did not show Jesus even the basic social respect. Jesus defended the

woman and accepted her love, sorrow, and repentant heart. He forgave her many

sins. His saving grace planted the peace of God in her heart.

 

Prayer Lord, thank you for forgiving my many sins and giving me peace. I pour

out my love to you today and sacrifice my best treasures to honor you.

One Word Love Jesus my Savior who forgives all my many sins

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD ’ S JUDGMENT AND TEST Ecclesiastes 3:16-22 / Keywords 3:18 I also thought, "As for men, God tests them so that they may see tha...