Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Psalms 57:1-11

GOD IS OUR REFUGE

Keywords 57:1

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.

 

1. What is that sound? Is that David singing? Is that his voice echoing in the cave? It was amazing that David could sing amid his trails. Saul and his army were hunting David down to kill himhence the hiding in the cave. The pressure was intense. David says, I am in the midst of lions; I am forced to dwell among ravenous beasts…” David, however, knew where to turn for help. He cried, Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. David resolved to take shelter in the LORD until the trouble passed. That same refuge is available to us as well. David had experienced Gods saving power many times before and had learned he could trust Gods faithfulness and love. He was confident that God would be exalted and his glory would shine over all the earth.

 

2. David shows us how faith can overcome fear. He was so convinced of Gods salvation that he could praise God even amid the storm. David reached for his harp and his lyre and praised the Lord with such enthusiasm as to wake the dawn. Is it possible for us to do the same? Knowing the wonderful grace and mercy of our Lord Jesus, can we praise his name during lifes difficulties? Imagine the witness that would be to the people around us. Our God saves!

 

Prayer Father, you are our refuge and shelter.

One Word Take refuge in the shadow of his wings

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...