Thursday, June 23, 2022

Psalms 43:1-5

YOU ARE GOD MY STRONGHOLD

Keywords 43:3

Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.

 

1. God my stronghold (1-2, 5)

This psalm is a continuation of Psalm 42, with the same refrain: Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God (43:5; 42:5,11). He describes his enemies who are oppressing him as an unfaithful nation and the deceitful and wicked (1). He prays for Gods vindication and rescue. God is his refuge and stronghold, but he feels rejected and oppressed by the enemy. When we are oppressed or feel downcast, God is our stronghold and rescue.

 

2. Send your light and faithful care (3-4)

The psalmist prays, Send your light and your faithful care, let them lead meto your holy mountain where you dwell. The LORD and his word are our light and salvation (Ps 27:1; 119:105). God turns our darkness to light. Gods faithful care leads us to worship him even more. God was the psalmists joy and delight; he only wanted to return to Gods altar to praise him (4).

 

Prayer God, you are my stronghold, my light, and my salvation. May my lips and my life praise you.

One Word God is my stronghold, joy, and delight

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTHING CAN SEPARATE US FROM HIS LOVE Romans 8:31-39 / Keywords 8:38,39 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angel...