Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Psalms 42:1-11

WHY ARE YOU DOWNCAST? HOPE IN GOD

Keywords 42:11

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

 

1. First, yearning for God (1-5)

The psalmist pants for fellowship with the living God like a thirsty deer pants for streams of water. Due to enemy hindrance and taunts, he has no opportunity to enter the house of God. However, the psalmist recalls the Mighty Ones protection and joyful shouts of praise among worshipers. He spoke to his downcast, disturbed soul to put his hope in God. He would instead praise Godhis Savior and God. What a beautiful longing for God!

 

2. The LORD directs his love (6-11)

Though he was depressed, he resolved to remember God. The LORDs love, a song at night, and a prayer sustained him (8). Still, he felt forgotten by God his Rock since enemies oppressed and taunted him, saying, Where is your God? (3,10). To battle his downcast, disturbed feelings again, he told his soul to have hope in God and to praise God his Savior. We, too, when we are feeling down or depressed or attacked, must put our hope in God and praise our Savior.

 

Prayer O LORD my God, you are my Savior. When Im feeling down or oppressed or attacked, remind me to put my hope in you and praise you. In Jesus name.

One Word Put your hope in God and praise him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD GIVES WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE, AND HAPPINESS Ecclesiastes 2:12-26 / Keywords 2:26 To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge ...