Friday, April 22, 2022

Psalms 28:1-9

THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH AND SHIELD

Keywords 28:7a

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.

 

1. A cry for mercy (1-5)

David lifted his hands towards heaven and cried to the LORD for mercy. But why? Why would David or anyone need to do that? It was because David realized his sin and weaknesses. David pleads, Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who do evil He also realized that God was the only one who could help him. If God remained silent, he would be doomed. God will judge the wicked and repay them for what they have done. This is most certainly true! However, David knows and trusts in the LORD. He knows that God is rich in mercy and will answer his prayers. The LORD is his Rock.

 

2. He helps me (6-9)

The LORD hears the prayers of those who trust him and cry out to him. Davids heart was filled with joy as he praised the LORD for the mercy he received. We can depend on the LORD as David did because he is our strength and our shield as well. If we trust him, he will provide the same help for us. All of our sorrow and shame will be replaced with a never-ending joy and delight in the LORD. With a renewed spirit, David prayed for the whole nation to find strength and salvation in God.

 

Prayer Lord, we praise you for your great mercy.

 

One Word The Lord helps those who trust him

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...