Thursday, April 21, 2022

Matthew 10:34-42

BE WORTHY OF JESUS

Keywords 10:37

"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

 

1. Love Jesus first (34-39)

When a close relationship does not share our love for Jesus, this often causes resentment. At that time we are faced with a decision: choose the person or choose Jesus? Jesus is clear: Anyone who loves [another] more than me is not worthy of me. Loving Jesus requires self-denial, and taking up the cross. If we try to hold on to our life and our loved ones, we will lose them. But Jesus promises that if we give our lives to him, we will find life. If we hold on to our cross, sharing the gospel, our loved ones may be saved, and enter the kingdom of God together with us. Entrust them to Jesus.

 

2. He who receives you receives me (40-42)

When we love Jesus first and are hated by family members, it can be discouraging at that moment. But Jesus encourages us to see how important we are. Those who do receive us in Jesus name find Jesus, and the Father. They will also receive a reward from Jesus.

 

Prayer Father, this teaching is challenging. I do love you, and want to be worthy of you. Help me to love you most.

One Word Love Jesus most

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...