Monday, February 21, 2022

Exodus 12:43-13:16

BECAUSE OF WHAT THE LORD DID FOR ME

Keywords 13:8

On that day tell your son, 'I do this because of what the LORD did for me when I came out of Egypt.'

 

1. Passover restrictions (12:43-51)

God gave Israel rules for observing the Passover. Only those in covenant with God could eat it; they had to be circumcised. All Israel had to celebrate it.

 

2. Consecrating the firstborn to God (13:1-16)

Two more things were to be done to remember Gods mighty hand of deliverance: eat unleavened bread for seven days at that time of year, and dedicate their firstborn animals and sons to God. This meant redeeming their sons with a lamb sacrifice. God delivered the firstborn sons of Israel; so they belong to God. Our lives belong to Jesus, for he redeemed us by his blood. Its good to give God regular sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving for what he has done for us.

 

Prayer Lord, my life and soul and all I have comes from and belongs to you. Jesus, you have redeemed me, and I belong to you. I give you my heart and my life because of what you have done for me.

One Word What will you do for the Lord, who has done so much for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD GIVES WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE, AND HAPPINESS Ecclesiastes 2:12-26 / Keywords 2:26 To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge ...