Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Exodus 6:1-30

BECAUSE OF MY MIGHTY HAND

Keywords 6:1

Then the LORD said to Moses, "Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go; because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country."


1. “Then you will know that I am the LORD” (1-8)

Moses’ initial contact with Pharaoh brought trouble to his people, and he doubted God (5:22). But God would use this to display his mighty hand, in order to make himself fully known to his chosen people, the Israelites, with whom he established his covenant. God says to his people: I will free you… I will redeem you… I will take you… I will be your God. God is faithful and keeps his promises, and by this his people in every generation know him.


2. God chose this Moses and Aaron (9-30)

Moses reports God’s promises, but his people were too discouraged to listen. When commanded to go to Pharaoh, Moses questions God, sure he had failed due to his faltering lips. Into this despair the family record of Levi (13-27) is used to show God’s sovereign choice: this same Moses and Aaron would bring the Israelites out of Egypt. Moses saw his faltering lips and was discouraged; But God was raising Moses and Aaron step by step to be his instrument, mouthpiece, and servant to the people.


Prayer Father, you are faithful and keep your promise. Help me trust in your mighty hand not my faltering lips to know you are the Lord.

One Word Know that God is the LORD our God

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...