Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Exodus 5:1-23

LET MY PEOPLE GO

Keywords 5:1

Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the desert.' "


1. Who is the LORD, that I should obey him? (1-5)

Moses and Aaron boldly went to Pharaoh and confronted him with the LORD’s message: “Let my people go!” Moses had trembled at the Holy command of God (3:5-6). But Pharaoh did not. There was no higher authority than Pharaoh; who dared command him? He would not obey. Pharaoh did not know the LORD, but he knew Moses and Aaron, and he would make an example of them.


2. Bricks without straw (6-23)

Pharaoh commanded that the people make bricks without straw. The trickle down command made it clear that even a minor word from Pharaoh had greater power over them than anything Moses told them. The people resented Moses and Aaron’s involvement. Moses himself was very sorry to have spoken. He had followed God’s instruction exactly as God told him (3:18). But it only brought more trouble. Although God expected this (3:19; 4:21), Moses was disheartened.


Prayer Father, sinful men in pride reject your authority and oppress your people. They do not know you, but I do. Help me trust in you and your plan, believing you are greater than any Pharaoh.

One Word Do not be overcome by evil

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...