Monday, May 10, 2021

Zechariah 2:1-13

I WILL LIVE AMONG YOU

Keywords 2:10

"Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the LORD.


1. I myself will be a wall of fire around it (1-5)

This third vision of an angelic messenger with a measuring line taking the dimensions of a new Jerusalem contrasts with the city in Zechariah’s day: without walls or a temple for God to dwell in. God gives them hope: “I myself will be the wall around it; its glory within.”



2. God’s vision for Jerusalem (6-13)

What matters to God was not walls and temples but his people. Whether in Babylon or Zion, he calls them “Daughter,” and invites them to “Come out!” They are the apple of his eye, precious to him. Their enemies would be plundered to rebuild Jerusalem (see Ezra 6:4, 8-10). God is coming to dwell with his people and they would all see it in their generation. We also live in hope and vision of a coming messianic kingdom – one that is already and not yet – where God is dwelling with us by the Holy Spirit and where many nations are his people.

Prayer Father, thank you for sharing your vision. Fill me with this hope as I await your coming.

One Word The LORD Almighty will do it

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...