Thursday, May 27, 2021

Genesis 41:37-57

JOSEPH’S SITUATION IS CHANGED

Keywords 41:52

The second son he named Ephraim and said, "It is because God has made me fruitful in the land of my

suffering."

 

1. Joseph’s big promotion (37-49)

Pharaoh was highly impressed by Joseph’s ability, but more than that, he saw

God’s spirit at work in Joseph. So Pharaoh put him in charge of all Egypt. What a

sudden and drastic turnaround in Joseph’s situation! In his new position, Joseph

immediately got to work, not sitting at home but traveling around to oversee the

grain collection and storage personally. Joseph served the land of Egypt to bless

it and make it prosper, even though it was not his home country.

 

2. Joseph’s testimony (50-57)

God also gave Joseph a wife and children in Egypt, completing his blessing and

restoration. Joseph didn’t take this for granted, but reflected deeply on God’s

work in his life. Through the names of his two sons, he thanked God for helping

him overcome his sufferings and making him fruitful. If we keep our faith, the place

where God makes us suffer can also be the place where we bear much fruit.

 

Prayer Father, thank you for helping me understand how your plan works in my

life. Help me testify to how you have worked in me.

One Word Faith through suffering leads to fruit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...