Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Genesis 41:1-36

 JOSEPH INTERPRETS PHARAOH’S DREAMS

Keywords 41:16

"I cannot do it," Joseph replied to Pharaoh, "but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires."

 

1. God sends Pharaoh a dream (1-16)

Joseph remained imprisoned for two more years, with seemingly no result from

interpreting the cupbearer’s dream. But then God sent Pharaoh two disturbing

dreams, about fat and skinny cows, and healthy and scorched grain. When

Pharaoh’s magicians failed to interpret the dream, the cupbearer remembered

Joseph, and Joseph was brought out of the prison. When he was brought before

Pharaoh, Joseph boldly testified that he could not interpret the dream with his

own ability, but only with God’s help.

 

2. Joseph interprets and gives counsel (17-36)

Joseph told Pharaoh that the dreams were a prediction that there would be

seven years of plenty, followed by seven years of the most severe famine. Joseph

also counseled Pharaoh in the best way to prepare for the famine, giving wise

direction for storing up grain in the years of plenty. When his moment came,

Joseph was ready to use his gifts.

 

Prayer Father, thank you for the opportunities you give me to serve. Help me be

ready for them, keep using my gifts to serve others and not give up hope.

One Word Keep using my gifts

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...