Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Genesis 28:1-22

GOD’s COVENANT WITH JACOB

Keywords 28:15

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

 

1. Gods vision to Jacob (1-17)

Isaac gave Jacob the direction to go to Haran and marry one of Labans

daughters. Isaac also blessed Jacob with the covenant promise given to Abraham

and Isaac. During Jacobs first night alone, the Lord appeared to Jacob in an

awesome vision with angels descending and ascending on a stairway to heaven.

Then God extended his promise to give Jacob the land, to give him countless

descendants, and to bless all people on earth through him. Practically, God

guaranteed to protect Jacob and bring him home safely. God knew Jacobs

selfishness, yet the Lord embraced him, shepherded him, and protected him when

he was most vulnerable.

 

2. Jacobs vow (18-22)

In the morning, Jacob erected a pillar and made a vow that if God provided

for him, protected him and brought him back, God would be his God. He would

worship God and offer him a tithe. This selfish vow began Jacobs walk with God,

and God would use it as his hook to capture Jacobs heart.

 

Prayer Lord, you are much greater than my selfish desires. Help me to set my life

direction in you.

One Word God will not leave you until he has done everything he has promised

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE JEWS DEFEAT THEIR ENEMIES Esther 9:1-19 / Keywords 9:2 The Jews assembled in their cities in all the provinces of King Xerxes to att...