Friday, July 31, 2020

WHO IS YOUR MASTER?

WHO IS YOUR MASTER?

Passage: Romans 6:15~23   

Keyverse: 23

1. Slaves to sin or to righteousness (15-18)

Grace doesn't mean we can sin freely. Bonhoeffer wrote: "Cheap grace is the preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance." We are "slaves" to the one we obey-whether that is sin or righteousness. Jesus bought us out of slavery to sin by his blood. Now we belong to him and we are free to serve God from our hearts.

2. The results of whom we obey (19-23)

Living as slaves to sin results in shame, regret and death. Living as slaves of God leads to holiness and eternal life. When we live with Jesus as our "boss," the benefits far exceed worldly treasures. These blessings include true freedom and the gift of God, which is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Prayer: Lord Jesus, when I lived freely in sin, I lived in regret and misery. Now, living in your grace, I have true freedom, hope, joy and peace. I offer myself again today to you, my Lord and my Savior.

One Word: I am free from sin to love and serve Jesus Christ


No comments:

Post a Comment

DON’T BE IGNORANT OF GOD, LIVE WITH RESURRECTION FAITH 1 Corinthians 15:29-34 / Keywords 15:34 Come back to your senses as you ought, an...