Thursday, July 30, 2020

UNITED WITH CHRIST

UNITED WITH CHRIST

Passage: Romans 6:1~14   

Keyverse: 8

1. We died to sin with Christ (1-10)

Christians do not sin in order to increase grace. We died to sin. When we confess our sins and put our faith in Jesus' atoning blood for our forgiveness (3:25), we are spiritually united with Christ in his death and resurrection. Christian baptism symbolizes dying to sin with Christ and rising to a new life in resurrection faith and hope. Through faith in Jesus, our old self was crucified with him. We are no longer bound to live as slaves to sin. We are free to live new lives in Jesus.

2. Count yourselves dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus (11-14)

Though Christians have been redeemed (set free) to live a new life in Christ, it is not automatic or without a struggle to do so. It requires a daily mindset to die to sin and to live to God in Christ Jesus. We must not obey sin as our master. We must offer to God every part of ourselves as instruments of righteousness. This is possible only by the grace and Spirit of God.


Prayer: Lord Jesus, by your blood you redeemed me and gave me a new life. By your grace and Spirit, I am able to know, love and serve you today. I offer myself to you as an instrument of righteousness.

One Word: I am united with Christ; now I offer myself to God


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE JEWS DEFEAT THEIR ENEMIES Esther 9:1-19 / Keywords 9:2 The Jews assembled in their cities in all the provinces of King Xerxes to att...