Friday, March 31, 2023

SURELY GOD IS MY SALVATION

Isaiah 12:1-6 / Keywords 12:2

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."

12:1 In that day you will say:


“I will praise you, Lord.

    Although you were angry with me,

your anger has turned away

    and you have comforted me.

2 Surely God is my salvation;

    I will trust and not be afraid.

The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense[a];

    he has become my salvation.”

3 With joy you will draw water

    from the wells of salvation.


4 In that day you will say:


“Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;

    make known among the nations what he has done,

    and proclaim that his name is exalted.

5 Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things;

    let this be known to all the world.

6 Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion,

    for great is the Holy One of Israel among you.”


Footnotes

a. Isaiah 12:2 Or song

 

1. The wells of salvation (1-3)

The day of the Lord is the day of salvation. In that day people will praise the Lord. In that day the people who were so severely judged in their sins will be comforted by the Lord himself. In that day the wells of salvation will overflow with everlasting joy for Gods people. Isaiah wrote to the people of Israel when they were undergoing unspeakable misery because of their sins. They had no joy or salvation to hope for in the world; at the same time they had much to fear. But in the day of the Lord they can say, Surely God is my salvation (2).

 

2. Let this be known to all the world (4-6)

God was doing more than just making his name known among Israel. He was using Israel to display his glory to all nations. God wants his salvation to be known in all the world. His salvation makes us priests to all nations. He makes us new creationsthose who proclaim his greatness to all nations.

 

Prayer Lord, thank you for your overflowing salvation. Bless me that the news of your greatness may overflow from my lips.

One Word Proclaim Gods salvation

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

“ DON ’ T BE AFRAID; JUST BELIEVE ” Luke 8:49-56 / Keywords 8:50 Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid; just bel...