Tuesday, January 24, 2023

THE BAPTISM AND TESTING OF JESUS

Mark 1:9-13 / Keywords 1:11

And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."

 

1. Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized in the Jordan. He followed Gods order for people and humbly received baptism from John the Baptist, even though Jesus was the sinless son of God. As Jesus came out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. Just as there were heavenly hosts and angels praising God at Jesus' birth, now there was a great joy when Jesus began his salvation ministry on earth.

 

2. Verse 11 says, And a voice came from heaven: You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased." When we accept God's mission for us and humbly obey and follow him, God is pleased with us. Is our life following the will and vision of God?

 

3. Jesus' mission did not start as a stress-free, easy-going mission. Rather, Jesus went into the wilderness and was tempted by Satan for forty days. We sometimes complain. Why do we experience trouble or difficulty after accepting Christ? But even God tested Jesus forty days before his ministry began. Through these hardships and temptations, God is training us and refining us to be fully equipped for his work and mission.

 

Prayer Lord, please help us to trust you are making us ready to serve you better after hardship.

One Word You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE JEWS DEFEAT THEIR ENEMIES Esther 9:1-19 / Keywords 9:2 The Jews assembled in their cities in all the provinces of King Xerxes to att...