Friday, December 23, 2022

 MY SPIRIT REJOICES IN GOD MY SAVIOUR

Luke 1:39-66 / Keywords 1:46-47

46 And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

 

1. The angel Gabriel told Mary about her relative Elizabeths miraculous pregnancy. So Mary decided to visit her. Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit, called Mary blessed and the mother of my Lord. She blessed Mary for believing Gods promise to her.

 

2. Mary then burst out into a song of praise: My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Her song echoes much of the song of Hannah (1Sa 2:1-10), the mother of Samuel, who anointed Israels first kings. God blessed her humble state. God is mighty and holy. God was fulfilling his promises to Abraham and Israel. John the Baptist was born and they were expecting him to be named Zechariah Jr. But Elizabeth said and Zechariah wrote, His name is John, just as they angel directed. Then Zechariah could speak again (his song is next).

 

Prayer God of Abraham, our Father in heaven, we are indeed blessed to have received Jesus Christ into our world, and to be recipients of your mercy through him. Thank you for keeping your promises.

One Word My spirit rejoices in God my Saviour

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD GIVES GLADNESS OF HEART Ecclesiastes 5:8-20 / Keywords 5:19,20 19 Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enabl...