Friday, November 25, 2022

MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU

2 Corinthians 12:1-10 / Keywords 12:9

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

 

1. Paul talked about a wonderful vision of heaven and inexpressible revelations to silence his opponents claim of spiritual superiority. This kind of mysterious experience was given to Paul to fortify him for his service and sufferings and solidify his hope in the kingdom of God. However, this kind of experience cannot be the basis of our faith. The foundation of our faith is the word of God revealed in the Bible. Thats why Paul didnt boast about his vision so that no one would think too highly of him. Rather, he wanted to boast about his weakness. Why?

 

2. Paul had a thorn in his flesh, a messenger of Satan, which was something extremely painful or source of much distress. It was given to keep him from becoming conceited. Paul pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away from him. However, God didnt remove the thorn, saying, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Whenever Paul depended on God alone in his weakness, Gods power was manifested to the full in his life and ministry. So Paul gladly boasted of his weakness and even delighted in participating in the suffering of Christ if it meant Christs power would rest on him. For when he was weak, then he was strong in the power of the risen Christ.

 

Prayer Lord, thank you for your sufficient grace in my weakness. May my weakness be an opportunity to reveal your power and glory through faith in you!

One Word Gods sufficient grace in my weakness

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE JEWS DEFEAT THEIR ENEMIES Esther 9:1-19 / Keywords 9:2 The Jews assembled in their cities in all the provinces of King Xerxes to att...