Monday, October 24, 2022

Psalm 70:1-5

THE LORD IS MY HELP AND MY DELIVERER

Keywords 70:5

Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay.

 

1. We all have had days with some unexpected twists and turns. In hindsight, we had no idea the troubles those days would hold! Perhaps we received news of a loved one who has become ill or a financial need arose that is simply beyond us. In Davids case, it was his enemies who were pointing their fingers at him and yelling Aha! They sought his ruin and were trying to take his life. During times like these, our prayers become very short and to the point, dont they? David writes, Hasten, O God, to save me; come quickly, LORD, to help me. God knows our desperation and he understands our urgency. Like David, we can lay our problems at his feet and put our trust in him. All those who seek the LORD will rejoice and be glad in him. They are the ones who will experience his greatness in wonderful and personal ways.

 

2. We make our sufferings even worse by not recognizing who we are and who God is. Notice how David admits that he is poor and needy. He understood that his resources and abilities were woefully inadequate for the problems he faced. He acknowledged that the help he needed was the help that only God could provide. The LORD was Davids help and deliverer and he is ours as well. Our God is sufficient for all our needs. Oh Lord, hear our prayers and do not delay!

 

Prayer Father, our trust is in you alone.

One Word God will help and deliver you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...