Monday, April 25, 2022

Psalms 31:1-24

BE STRONG AND TAKE HEART IN THE LORD

Keywords 31:24

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

 

1. The LORD is our refuge (1-9)

The LORD was Davids rock, fortress, and refuge. Because of that, David put his trust in God. He trusted Gods faithfulness with his very soul, saying Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, LORD, my faithful God. The LORD is the only one we can trust in this way. He sees our need, knows our anguish, protects us from our enemies, and sets us free. Even in desperate times, we can trust him and rejoice in his love as David did.

 

2. You are my God (10-24)

David was surrounded on all sides by enemies who whispered and conspired against him. His distress was so great that his body and soul were consumed with sorrow, and he felt like dying. Yet, his faith and resolve were solid. But I trust in you, LORD; I say, You are my God.’” David knew that God was much bigger than his circumstances and that the goodness of God would prevail. God has an abundance of good things stored up for his people. He hides us in his presence and shields us from our enemies. Is your hope in him? Then be strong and take heart. He is our God!

 

Prayer Father, have mercy on us and deliver us.

One Word Deliver me, LORD, my faithful God

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD GIVES WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE, AND HAPPINESS Ecclesiastes 2:12-26 / Keywords 2:26 To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge ...