Friday, April 1, 2022

Psalms 27:1-14

WHO IS THE LORD TO YOU?

Keywords 27:1

The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?

 

1. The stronghold of life (1-6)

The Lord is our light in times of darkness, our salvation when we face death, and our stronghold when we are under attack. When we put our confidence in the Lord, fear melts away. We do not fear our enemies because they stumble and fall before the Lord. The Psalmists one prayer request was to dwell in the presence of God all the days of his life. We ought to pray the same. Trouble is inevitable, but we have security in God.

 

2. God my Savior (7-14)

We must ask God to mercifully listen to the cries of our hearts. We must seek the Lord, our helper and Savior. God is more faithful to us than our human parents. If we ask him, he will keep us on a straight path and teach us his ways. In adversity and trial, let us be confident of seeing Gods goodness in our lives when we seek him. Let us wait patiently for the Lord.

 

Prayer Lord, you are my light, salvation, and stronghold. Help me to do what pleases you even in times of distress.

One Word The Lord is my light and salvation

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS PREDICTS HIS DEATH AGAIN Luke 9:43b-56 / Keywords 9:44 "Listen carefully to what I am about to tell you: The Son of Man is go...