Monday, March 28, 2022

Psalms 23:1-6

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD

Keywords 23:1

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

 

1. He restores my soul (1-3)

David confessed that the Lord was his shepherd. When David allowed God to lead him, he lacked nothing. The Lord made David lie down in green pastures to feed and led him beside quiet waters to drink when he needed rest. The Lord restored Davids soul and led David to do what pleased God. The Lord did this for his own names sake. Jesus is our Good Shepherd.

 

2. You are with me (4-6)

David addressed God as you in the dark valleys of life. Though David faced evil and death, his faith became even more personal at those times. Gods rod and staff were a comfort, for they provided discipline, guidance, and protection. David would be honored in the presence of his enemies. Hardship and trial deepened Davids assurance of Gods goodness and love for him. One day, he would dwell with the Lord forever in heaven.

 

Prayer Lord, thank you for Jesus, my good shepherd. Help me to follow you closely today.

One Word The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE JEWS DEFEAT THEIR ENEMIES Esther 9:1-19 / Keywords 9:2 The Jews assembled in their cities in all the provinces of King Xerxes to att...