Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Psalms 18:1-19

THE LORD IS THE HORN OF SALVATION

Keywords 18:2

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

 

1. I love you, O Lord (1-3)

David confessed his love for God after he had personally experienced Gods saving grace. Because of Sauls jealousy, David lived as a fugitive for years. But God delivered David from Sauls treacherous hands. Through these difficulties, David learned to trust God as his rock, fortress, and deliverer. God is also our horn of salvation and our stronghold from our enemy, the devil. God is worthy of our praise for he is able to save us from our enemies.

 

2. God rescued me (4-19)

Several times, David was very close to death, but each time God rescued him. God heard Davids cries for help. In verses 7-19, David felt that God had stepped down from heaven and displayed his awesome power against his enemies. Davids enemies were too strong for him, but God rescued and brought him to a secure place.

 

Prayer Lord, I love you because you loved me and rescued me from sin and death. Help me to remember your grace and trust you more.

One Word God is my shield and horn of salvation

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE JEWS DEFEAT THEIR ENEMIES Esther 9:1-19 / Keywords 9:2 The Jews assembled in their cities in all the provinces of King Xerxes to att...