Sunday, March 20, 2022

Psalms 16:1-11

I HAVE SET THE LORD BEFORE ME

Keywords 16:8

I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

 

1. No good thing apart from the Lord (1-6)

The world offers no guarantees of a secure future. In Davids time, people tried to find security by offering to and worshiping idols. In our time, people buy insurance or put their trust in political institutions, their jobs, or their family for security. David found true security in God. He asked God to keep him safe. He took refuge in God. God had blessed David with many things. Most of all, God himself had become Davids portion and he thanked God. David knew that his future was in Gods hands.

 

2. I will not be shaken (7-11)

Fear makes us unstable. However, when we turn to the Lord, he gives us wisdom. When we deliberately set the Lord, and not other things, before us, we will not be shaken. We can live each day with true joy, security, and contentment. Death is not the end; our final destination is the kingdom of God. David knew this and could walk on the path of life, overcoming fear and death.

 

Prayer Lord, you are my true security and joy. Help me to overcome the world by putting you first. Thank you for giving me eternal life.

One Word Set the Lord before me

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE JEWS DEFEAT THEIR ENEMIES Esther 9:1-19 / Keywords 9:2 The Jews assembled in their cities in all the provinces of King Xerxes to att...