Saturday, February 26, 2022

Exodus 16:1-12

GRUMBLING AGAINST THE LORD

Keywords 16:12

"I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, 'At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God.' "

 

1. Another grumbling incident (1-5)

When walking by faith puts us through hard times, it is easy to grumble. So Israel grumbled against their leadersMoses and Aaron, when they had no water (15:24), and now no food (3). To live as slaves with full stomachs seems better than being free and hungry. The LORD told Moses that he would test them with daily bread training.

 

2. You will know I am the LORD your God (6-12)

The LORD brought them out of Egypt. Their grumbling against their leaders was actually grumbling against God, who had delivered them and was leading them. The LORDs glory appeared to them. God would give them meat for supper and bread for breakfast. Then they would know that he is the LORD their God.

 

Prayer Lord, forgive my grumbling against people and against you. You are the LORD my God, leading my life. I trust in you.

One Word Dont grumble; trust in the LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...