Sunday, January 30, 2022

Psalm 3:1-8

THE LORD SUSTAINS ME

Keywords 3:5b

the LORD sustains me.

 

1. The LORD sustains me (1-6)

David was fleeing for his life due to his son Absaloms rebellion. The enemys numbers were increasing day by day. Satan accused him through peoples taunting: God will not save him. Like David, we may be surrounded by unseen enemies, however, see what David did. David didnt devise a military strategy, but called out to God, trusting in the protection of God who would lift his head high. His absolute trust in the LORD enabled him to sleep in peace, not fearing the possible disaster. If God is for us, who can be against us (Ro 8:31)? God sustains his people when they trust in him.

 

2. Deliver me, my God! (7-8)

David not only knew that his trial came from God, but also that salvation comes from Him. He trusted God to deal with his enemies and prayed, Arise, LORD! Deliver me, my God!"

 

Prayer Lord, thank you for sustaining me in spite of my sins and failures. Help me trust in you, who is my shield and glory, and call out to you in times of trouble.

One Word Deliverance comes from the LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE JEWS DEFEAT THEIR ENEMIES Esther 9:1-19 / Keywords 9:2 The Jews assembled in their cities in all the provinces of King Xerxes to att...