Thursday, December 23, 2021

Luke 1:39-66

MARY’S SONG

Keywords 1:46

And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord

 

1. Mary visits Elizabeth (39-45)

When Mary faces her situation as an unwed pregnant woman, she visits Elizabeth, a mature, godly woman, who also experienced God’s intervention. Filled with the Holy Spirit, Elizabeth praises Mary as “the mother of my Lord,” and testifies that her baby leaped in the womb when Mary entered the room. She assures Mary that she is most blessed because of her faith to believe that God would do as he promised to send a Saviour. We need mature counsel when our lives are turned upside-down by God’s will.


2. Mary’s song (46-66)

After Elizabeth’s encouragement, Mary bursts into song, praising God with all her soul. She praises Holy God who is mindful of her humble state...who blesses her with great things...who performs mighty deeds... who extends his mercy...who fills the hungry…and, who has helped his servant! We also can be transformed to be full of praise to God when we accept his will and struggle to be obedient and pure, like Mary.


Prayer Lord, help me to seek godly encouragement. May I be obedient and pure and praise you with my spirit.

One Word My soul glorifies the Lord

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...