Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Deuteronomy 5:1-21

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

Keywords 5:6,7

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me."

 

1. Love God (1-15)

 The Ten Commandments form the basis of all God’s commands to his covenant

people. The first part is about loving God. God hates idols, which can be anything

that take God’s place. We must not misuse but rather revere God’s name. We

must rest and worship God on the LORD’s day. Loving God is the greatest

commandment (Mt 22:36-38).

 

2. Love your neighbour (16-21)

 Loving people starts with our parents and family members. If we love people, we

won’t kill them, misuse their bodies in sexual immorality, steal from them, lie about

them, or covet their belongings. To love our neighbours as ourselves is the second

greatest commandment (Mt 22:39). All of God’s commands are based on loving

God and loving people.

 

Prayer Lord, help me to love you and to love others as I love myself. In Jesus’

name I pray.

One Word Love God and love my neighbour as myself

No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD ’ S JUDGMENT AND TEST Ecclesiastes 3:16-22 / Keywords 3:18 I also thought, "As for men, God tests them so that they may see tha...