Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Galatians 2:11-21


I HAVE BEEN CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST

Keywords 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

 

1. Paul opposed Peter (11-16)

 Peter had gone to Antioch to meet with the Gentile believers there. He ate and

had fellowship with Gentiles there. But when members of the circumcision party

came, Peter distanced himself from the Gentiles. Paul rebuked Peter for this

hypocrisy. In Christ, there is no division between Jew and Gentile or between

circumcised and uncircumcised. We are all saved by faith in Jesus alone. Peter’s

hypocritical actions went against the very teaching of the gospel of Jesus. So Paul

rebuked him publicly.

 

2. Christ lives in me (17-21)

 Paul spoke here of the unification believers have with Christ. Paul recognized that

he died with Christ so that Christ could live in him. While his body was alive, he

lived by faith in the Son of God. God gave the law, but it is not the law that saves

us. It is by God’s grace that we are saved through faith in Jesus Christ, who gave

himself for us.

 

Prayer Lord, only through the gospel of Jesus Christ are we saved. Thank you,

Lord Jesus, for dying for us on the cross.

One Word Christ lives in me



No comments:

Post a Comment

GO TO THE HOUSE OF GOD TO LISTEN Ecclesiastes 5:1-7 / Keywords 5:1 Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen r...