Saturday, May 15, 2021

Zechariah 8:1-13

THEY WILL BE MY PEOPLE

Keywords 8:8

I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God."


1. “I am very jealous for Zion” (1-8)

God revealed great visions to Zechariah to restore his people after their sins were removed. Now God was burning with jealousy for Zion. He will return and dwell there. The city had been destroyed. To the remnant now living there, the idea that elderly and little children would enjoy life in the war-torn city was marvelous. But not to the LORD Almighty. He will bring back the people and prove himself faithful and righteous to them as their God.


2. “Let your hands be strong” (9-13)

God wants a two-sided relationship with his people. They need to make space for him in their lives and community, and this begins with the temple. The foundation had been laid, but persecution prevented them from finishing. Now God says, “Let your hands be strong.” He will save and he will make his people a blessing. It’s time to make room in our lives and community for him today.

Prayer Father, thank you for sharing your desire to be with me. Help me make room for you today.

One Word Gods love is a jealous love

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...