Friday, May 21, 2021

Zechariah 13:1-9

CLEANSE THEM FROM SIN AND IMPURITY

Keywords 13:1

"On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity.

 

1. I will remove the spirit of impurity (1-6)

God sees a day where idols and their prophets will be removed from the land.

The spirit of impurity is the spirit of deceit, who tempts God’s people to chase

after the things of this world, idols. But God has prepared a fountain to cleanse

his people from sin and impurity. Jesus says in Matthew 26:28, “This is my blood

of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” All who

are cleansed by the blood of Jesus are set free from sin and strife and receive love

and peace.

 

2. I will refine them like silver (7-9)

To accomplish this vision and remove the sin from his people, the shepherd had

to be struck, and his people scattered. But a remnant would be gathered, put into

the fire, and refined to be his people who call on him alone. This points to Jesus

and his church. Our present troubles are fires to refine our faith, conforming us to

Jesus’ image.

 

Prayer Father, thank you for cleansing us from sin through Jesus’ blood. In my

trials I call your name.

One Word Jesus is a fountain to cleanse us

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LIMITS OF WISDOM AND PLEASURE Ecclesiastes 1:12-2:11 / Keywords 2:11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had t...