Sunday, August 2, 2020

JESUS CHRIST IS OUR RESCUER

JESUS CHRIST IS OUR RESCUER

Passage: Romans 7:14~25   

Keyverse: 25

1. The desire to do good (14-20)

God's law is spiritual and good. But we are unspiritual and prone to sin, that is, in our sinful natures. We have the desire to do good, but we cannot carry it out, at least not perfectly, due to sin living in us. This calls for a battle against sin and a surrender to Christ.

2. What a wretched sinner I am! (21-25)

When I want to do good, evil is right there. My inner being delights in God's law, but sin keeps enslaving and imprisoning me. Who can save a wretch like me? Amazing grace, how sweet the sound-Jesus Christ is our Rescuer! He saved us from our sin to make us right with God, and he continues to save us when we cry out to him. Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord and Deliverer!


Prayer: Lord Jesus, I do not do the good I know I should do. Rather, I fall into sin when I depend on my own effort or goodness or strength. Rescue me from all my sins of pride and rebellion.

One Word: Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment

MORDECAI'S HONOR, HAMAN'S DOWNTURN Esther 6:1-14 / Keywords 6:10 "Go at once," the king commanded Haman. "Get the...